the boring numbers:
- 100 DS/50 Wii units sold to date !!
- 20% of Wii owners are 1st time console purchases …
- 47% of 2009 DS buyers were female …?
- ” more third-party games were sold with Wii than any other platform, and the second-biggest was DS.” …
- # of Balance Boards is approx the same as PS3 owners ouch…iwata is a dick
the cool stuff:
- the solution for the Wii storage issues — the ability to save directly to the SD card, load off a SD card, and the ability to use high capcity version of the SD cards. He explained: “Your games will no longer be competing on space for system memory.”
- new Wii system build — Wii System 4.0 — has launched already on the system, and also presented a series of Final Fantasy-related debuts, including My Life As A Darklord: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, both available for WiiWare in 2009. Plus Final Fantasy for Virtual Console — FFI and FFIV — more details from Square Enix this week. (steve im buying ALL OF THESE FOR YOU)
- There are now 2 million DSi systems sold in Japan. In the United States, Amazon.com announced that DSi pre-orders are the biggest ever in the history, and GameStop says that it’s double the DS Lite pre-orders.
- revealed a new Zelda title — The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks” DS
well thats a little boring. SD card solution is fine by me..Id rather do that then upgrade the HD. Im also not sure about the DSi..it looks cool, but I have an iphone that does all that and more. Plus Ive heard its not that fun to dev for. really gimmicky :S